Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Eu chegei, voce chegou, eu chegei, voce chegou

Though I am being understood, my Portuguese is far from perfect, contrary to what the cute guy at the pizzaria said last night. For some reason I keep confusing the past tense conjugations for I and you (as I did in my email announcing this blog. Eu chegou? NO!!! Eu chegei!!). I only can seem to remember the correct way when I sing one of two capoeira songs. The first has the lines "Capoeira e bom para me, capoeira e bom pra voce, eu falei," and the other is Coelho's song, "Meu gunga me falou, que tipo de jogo eu preciso jogar." So, as I speak and try to conjugate in the past tense, I often drift off into these songs in my head to remember the proper form. Or, I envision the handout from one of my Portugese classes that has the regular verb conjugation list. Either way, I'm afraid I look like a space cadet and sometimes just say what comes, and what comes is usually wrong. Oh well!!

Tonight I'll go to class with Mestre Ralil and am watching the world cup (go Espana!!), waiting for Queens to come pick me up. Today Dudu starting talking to me about aking if I wanted to take a weekend trip to o lugar que so tem cachoeiras, a place that only has waterfalls. Uhhhh...yeah!!! Doing so might delay my departure for Salvador by a couple of days. Sounds like a good reason, though.

Nagi just got home...More later!

1 comment:

  1. Cristalina or Perionopolis? Cristalina com certeza é uma cidade muito bonita!

    ReplyDelete