Sunday, July 11, 2010

Kickboxing class in the city park

I think this was on Thursday...Dudu took me to watch the kickboxing class he teaches in the park.  All of his students were very good, many of them have won championships of some sort.  The guy in the black shorts (nicknamed Bola because when he was a kid he was a bit fat), is the best one of them all.  They also all train capoeira.  Watching the class gave me some good ideas for how to improve my own capoeira game, so watch out folks!!

4 comments:

  1. Yeah, if you're gonna read this blog, you're gonna have to know what capoeira is! It's an afro-brazilian martial art that combines self-defense, dance, acrobatics and music. It's one of my favorite things in the world to do. Here's the website of the place where I train in Brooklyn -- check it out for more info: www.capoeirabrooklyn.com.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOOO!!!! BOLA!!!!!

    ReplyDelete